Wear the Right Clothes With Confidence
No need to hide. You might think you’re in a wardrobe rut and have nothing to wear. Chances are, there are gems in your closet just waiting to be appreciated and worn.
If a friend or image consultant were to view your closet right now, she’d probably pull out ten great items in ten minutes and ask, “Why aren’t you wearing these? They’re great!” It’s time to put your detective hat on and investigate your wardrobe to see what’s really going on in there. Revamp your closet today!
Special Occasion Wear
Sometimes we don’t wear something because we tend to save it for a special occasion. For instance, when you save something for that perfect occasion, it may never happen. There is no reason you why you can’t be wearing that great blouse, skirt or jacket next week. Expand your idea of “Special” to include feeling special every day.
* Make a list
Take an inventory of the items you own, love, and enjoy, but haven’t been wearing. These items include a pair of shoes, a purse, jewelry, a hat, a beaded blouse etc… Organize them where you can see them, take pictures of them. You will be paying attention to them over the next two weeks.
* Take action and organize your wardrobe
These special items need to find a way into an outfit so you can start enjoying them now. Find a couple of hours in your schedule and dedicate that time to creating fun and fresh new outfits with these favorites. Now make a commitment to wear them. Look at your calendar and decide where and when you are going to wear these new outfits.
* Make it easier to choose what to wear
Your favorites want to be paired with great clothing. While you are building outfits, you may discover items that just aren’t working for you anymore. If you don’t love it, let it go. Donate your items that are not working for you. Once you have cleared out the things that are taking up space you’ll be more visually motivated to wear the things you love.
* Enjoy the results
Those fabulous items that weren’t being used should be in constant rotation. After you’ve spent time creating great outfits and expanding your idea of where you can wear them, you will have solved the mystery. Those great outfits have been there all along and you’re out of your rut. Good job!
* Get more help
Fashion stylists & Image Consultants agree on some of the best & worst fashions
* Brighter Colors of cobalt blue, yellow and red brought vibrant life to our wardrobes.
* Maxi dresses were ultra comfortable and needed only a couple of accessories to create a put together look.
* Cropped jean jackets over floral dresses w as the perfect mix of feminine and classic.
* Leather sheath dresses were luxurious and wearable year round.
* Cross body bags made multi tasking that much easier.
* Bold rings packed a powerful punch and brought and edge to any outfit day or night.
* Animal prints in accessories added jus the right amount of “wild” to and outfit.
* Nail polish shades gave us bright pops of color or let us be moody in deep mysterious hues.
* Short booties with dresses or pants gave a needed break from high heels.
* Ruffles added a soft and romantic look for the days when we wanted to feel feminine or girly.
* Color blocking gave us a chance to be bold and feel confident while wearing two or three solid, interesting colors at once.
Fashions to Avoid
* Head to toe denim was a look that should have been left to real cowboys only. Short shorts should have an age limit attached to the hangtag. If you can walk into a bar you shouldn’t be wearing them.
* Jumpsuits or rompers are a clothing item that looks best on toddlers.
* Tall wedges looked great but felt like we were walking with toy trucks on our feet.
* Too many prints in the same outfit looked too much like a patchwork quilt handmade by grandma.
* Structured handbags with casual outfits were too serious. Casual outfits needed a less formal bag.
* Wacky tights in crazy colors or patterns stole too much attention from the rest of the outfit.
* Leather leggings were a bit too tight, a bit too shiny, and only worked on itty-bitty bodies.
* Overuse of animal prints left people mistaken for animals that had escaped the zoo.
* Too much spandex, without enough layering pieces, made outfits look more like gym attire than legitimate daywear.
* Ripped fishnet stockings left too much to the imagination.
If you’re missing some pieces that are holding you back from wearing your favorites, or this advice seems hard to do on your own, remember I’m an email or phone call away. I’ll help you get the most out of your clothing investments this year. Don’t let another day go by. You can be enjoying your whole wardrobe right now!