How Much Time do You Spend Everyday Trying To Find Something to Wear to Work?
Do you suffer from the “I Have Nothing to Wear” syndrome? is what you have on just not appropriate for wearing to the office?
This post will provide you with the best tips for dressing to strengthen your executive presence, not detract from it. The adage to “dress for the job you want, not the job you have” is important to keep in mind. By refreshing your wardrobe, you will be eliminating updated clothing items before you may be tempted to grab them in a hurry one morning. if you also give away to toss your clothes that no longer properly fit, you will also find something appropriate to wear faster.
7 Ways to Lose Stress and Get Compliments by Shopping Your Closet
Whether your find that you need something colorful, optimistic, feminine, or a bit more professional looking, we can help. If you clothing used to fit that bill and seemed to make you look just right in the office but no longer do, consider an image consultation for women.
You may have dozens of shoes, but not quite the right pair of shoes. There is a simple rule that may adhere to do: if either your shoes kill your clothes and drag them down, or your clothes kill your shoes, get rid of them.
Before you declare you have nothing to wear, see if you already have the makings of a great wardrobe in the boutique that’s just a few feet away from you—the one in your closet. Sound impossible?
Not if you follow these easy steps:
1. Collect your supplies.
You need a two-hour block of time and the following items
2. Pull out a basic bottom from your closet that will work this season – a pant, skirt or jean. Take a good hard look at this piece. Is it still in great condition? If the answer is yes, let’s work with it. Put it on your portable rack. Don’t dress just to be comfortable; dress to exude an executive presence.
3. Pull from your closet any possible tops and jackets that will go with that bottom. Check each one out. Is it in good condition? If the answer is yes, put each one on the portable rack.
4. Slip into the bottom piece and start trying on top and jacket options. Keep trying things on until you come up with three new outfit combinations that “wow” you. They are in there! You will enjoy the benefits of feeling great in a new outfit from pieces you already have instead of pieces you have to purchase. It’s the fresh combination that makes them exciting.
5. Every outfit needs finishing touches so go to your jewelry boxes and also your shoe collection and pull out some possible coordinating accessories. Play! Try on some different combinations and check yourself out in your full-length mirror. Be sure that from head-to-toe, this outfit is a nine or a ten on a scale of one to ten. If it’s only a five, create a different outfit.
6. Once you’ve created looks you’re happy with, take them off and organize each outfit individually on your bed and photograph it, shoes and accessories included. Remember to get three outfits out of each bottom. You can also write the details of the outfit on an index card and start a file labeled Great Outfits. If you find that you have holes in your wardrobe, write down the items you need to purchase and plan to shop for those first.
7. If any of these steps seem too difficult to handle alone, give me a call. With some simple wardrobe intervention, I can help you create a concise plan for shopping in your closet and maximizing the wardrobe you already have. With the current trends in mind, I can help you find some fresh looks using your standbys. Now that’s smart shopping!
Filling Your Closet With Your Wardrobe Essentials
By now, you may feel like you should have established a solid core of reliable classics in your wardrobe. You know what you are missing: your basis and useful black trousers, the perfect foundational navy outfit, etc. You need a a minimum of a few core wardrobe pieces. I can help you become officially well-dressed.
So now you don’t have to say you have nothing to wear – right? If you find yourself struggling in your closet, I can help with my Closet Audit to Update your Professional Image – Through this session, we’ll determine what pieces to keep, what to donate, and what you’re missing from your wardrobe. We’ll also organize your closet so getting dressed becomes the easiest part of your day.