Don’t Wear it Just Because Someone Says it is the Latest Trend
Some trends this season will absolutely make it to the streets and be enjoyed by many while others should never leave the runway. Here’s your heads up guide for what to look for – or look out for – this spring/summer.
Wear What is Fashionable and Trend Setting on YOU
What you need to be aware of before spending money on a trendy wardrobe:
* Be aware that there’s a floral print explosion going on for this season. If you’re a minimalist, choose a solid-colored dress that has only one or two discreet flowers to enhance it. Floral prints can be very colorful or they can be more simple in neutral colors like café latté and white. You take control. Floral can border a hem on a dress or you can mix it all up and wear it from head to toe in a blouse, jacket, and pant. How will you bloom this spring?
* Beware of the bra as outerwear. The bra went from underwear to an actual focal point of an outfit in several runway shows. The bra was peeking through sheer tops or worn as a standalone garment with a high-waisted skirt or pant. This look works best in a magazine ad with a lot of airbrushing. Avoid!
* Be aware of beautiful color choices this season starting with bright, energetic and confident hues. Tangerine orange is this season’s showstopper followed by lemon yellow, cherry red, and many shades of green. Opting for something a bit toned down, check out this season’s pastels of lilac, chalky pink, mint green and baby blue. White also is a great staple in crisply tailored tops or eyelet lace dresses. Feeling more classic? There’s plenty of blacks and the combination of black and white is a great theme for spring. (you didn’t hear me say that)
* Beware of sportswear items being sanctioned for day or evening wear. This season’s nod to jock fashion is just too far out for most people. Pretend you never saw it. Wear your sports clothes while playing sports and don’t try to turn them into high fashion. Heels with football jerseys or track pants won’t make street sense.
* Be aware that all skirt and dress lengths are a go! No matter what length you settle on you won’t be worrying about whether it’s current or not. From mini to mid-knee, or from mid-calf to floor length, it’s all in fashion this spring/summer. Wear your most flattering length and feel confident!
* Beware that embroidery or macramé are great details to enjoy this spring. However, this might be best left to teens and youthful girls. If you wore this trend back in the 70’s consider enjoying it once again in small doses like details in handbags or shoes.
* Be aware that I am available to help women sort clothes that impact image with all this season’s trends and selections. You’ll never have to wonder if you look appropriate or not because I’ll use my style eyes and professional image knowledge to help you get it just right!