5 Ways How You Dress for Work Says a lot About You
Believe it or not our clothes speak. Yes, you heard me, they speak. Well, they don’t actually speak words like we do, but they do tell a story about who we are. What we wear tells people, what line of business we are in. Such as, a plumber or electrician, they have a certain uniform they wear or shirt that has their logo on it. How about a police officer, postman, a target employee at a target store. This is what I call a uniform or costume so to speak. My image consultantservices may be just the help you are seeking.
This is a good example of how we are represented in our profession
People ask me all the time what I do, and when I tell them, they look at me and how I am dressed and say “I can tell”.
That means I look the part of an Image Consultant.
All of these professions have a story about who they are and how they are represented. In the business world, depending on your company and the company dress code it is going to depend on what that looks like.
- The CEO of a big corporation will look, totally different then a CEO of a small business. A women in a corporation, might have on a nicely tailored suit, or a dress with a nice jacket with a polished pair of pumps. A women in a small business, might wear a simple plain skirt with a blouse and flats. (Again depending on the profession
- Real Estate Agent selling a Million dollar home vs. a hud home? How do you show up for your client to gain the respect and let people know they can trust you?
- Attorney, who do you represent here? Family law, corporations, small businesses? I have a client that is in family law, she dresses to meet her clients needs, which is friendly, non~judgmental welcoming. This is a hard time for people and she wants them to trust her and be relaxed. I also have an attorney that represents corporations and she dresses in suits, again the clothing speaks to your clientele.
- Bankers, today have been able to loosen up a bit. They still need to hold a higher standard but not so stuffy. When people are dealing with your money, you want to make sure you can trust them too. Always dress a step or two up from your clientele, they want to know they are in good hands.
- Financial Advisor, I just met someone recently that is a financial advisor from a big firm here where I live. I will not mention names. She found out what I did and said in these exact words, “You know I really could use your help, but I just don’t care enough.” WOW! you want to know where my mind went? Than she pursued to say, “I always try to dress one step up from my clients.” Now I really try not to be judgmental however in this case, for what she did and the company she worked for, she needed my help. She took my card with hesitation, because I so graciously gave it to her.
Need help conveying what your clothes say to your clientele give me a call today, 651-307-0342 or firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can move you forward with more confidence and clarity. I want your message to reap rewards.
If you found this article helpful, please send it to a friend.